Conker’s Bad Fur Day (also known as Conker’s Live and Reloaded if you have played the Xbox version)
Platform games have been popular probably since the debut of Mario Bros in the 1980’s, and have spawned many popluar titles in the genre, with hit titles including: Super Mario Bros, Sonic the Hedgehog, Kirby, Castlevania, Crash Bandacoot, the Mega Man series, as well as the SImpsons Game. Many of these games have similar themes: you play through different levels in various kinds of terrain, go up against an evil villain and his/her cronies (such as Dr Robotnik in the Sonic the Hedgehog series), fight plenty of huge bosses (usually cronies and close associates of the evil genius, unless if you are on the final showdown), and save the day (such as recuing Princes Peach from Bowser in Super Mario Bros). Most of these games are obviously geared more towards the younger audience (barring some games, such as the newer Castlevania games given the “M” ratings on some of the newer titles, such as “Curse of Darkness”), especially in the case of games like Mario Bros and Sonic, where kids will usually play these games more than adults do. Anyways, with that said, there another platform game that I have played through that is quite twisted when you think of it: “Conker’s Bad Fur Day” (I played the Xbox version by the way). Conker’s Bad Fur Day appears to be a typical 3D platform game (Super Mario 64 style), complete with a storyline, boss fights, an evil genius to defeat (namely the Panther King), and many colorful stages to play through. However, if you have checked the rating for the game, you would probably see the “M” rating. That is because Conker’s Bad Fur day is pretty much a platformer that is geared more towards an older audience. Here are some features in this game baccarat you will usually not find in most other games in this genre:
- Most of the characters swear (though in some versions, the swearing is censored by a beeping voice when they swear).
- There are some crude levels in the game. In one area in the game, for example, there is a poop themed level where you are surrounded by poop and one of the bosses you fight in this area is literally one giant piece of poop (his voice actually reminds you of that of Christopher Lee, with the heavy British accent, though he is actually voiced by another guy named Chris Marlow).
- There are some sensual scenes in the game. In one level, for example, you have to help a bee “pollenate” a feminine sunflower plant. Also, Conker does have a girlfriend, named Berrie, who gets kidnapped by the Panther King.
- There is a grim reaper in the game that wants to kill cats for some odd reasons (his voice is somewhat funny as well).
- Alcoholism does play a role in this game. At the beginning of the game, Conker has a nasty hangover after a night of drinking beer before the story officially begins. Also, alcohol is a powerup that Conker can use in the game that causes him to get drunk and urinate on foes (funny and crude if you ask me).